map of P1 vectors

Dan Rohwer-Nutter dlrohwer at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 23 16:48:35 EST 1996

and Alan Christensen wrote:

> The sequence of the P1 vector pAd10 sacBII is in GenBank,
> accession number U09128.

Well, thanks for the help guys, but neither of these is what I'm really
after.

The map in the Hartl paper shows only the unique sites around the
cloning area - functionally useless for anything but building a library.

The sequence in GenBank, alas, is not the complete vector.  It's only
the 50% or so that remains after circularization in a Cre+ host.  That's
great is you're interested in carving up the finished P1's, but not
quite the whole cigar if you're trying to manipulate the vector in a
Cre- strain.

The part outside the loxP's that's missing from the GenBank sequence is
what I'm really after now.  This was originally made with a plasmid
called pBS69 which has apparently, along with it's sequence, fallen off
the face of the earth.  If anybody has a lead on where I can get that
info or a contact number or e-mail for Nat Sternberg I'd be overjoyed.
(DuPont is clueless about finding him and all I have is a snail-mail
address which I'll use as a last resort.)

Again, thanks for the help.  I'll throw the complete map and other info
onto our web pages if I ever dig it out.

Dan.

--

Dan Rohwer-Nutter
The University of Wisconsin