Drosophila film

Mary Tyler mtyler at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
Tue Sep 3 16:46:13 EST 1996

Dear Drosophilists,
A number of you have asked me individually about a film that I
was working on, and now that it's finished, I thought I would
send out this general message for anyone else who might be
interested.  The film is called, "Fly Cycle: The lives of a fly,
Drosophila melanogaster."  It's 40 minutes, and covers such
things as sexing adults, courtship, mating, the male's love
song, egg laying, the gametes, embryonic development, the
three larval stages, dissection of larval salivary glands and
imaginal discs, pupal stages, and a variety of mutants used
primarily as markers.  If you're interested, more details are
given on  Society for Developmental Biology's web site
(http://sdb.bio.purdue.edu/SDBEduc/Tyler_FlyVideo.html)
It's being published by Sinauer Assoc.  Their web site is:
http://www.webcom.com/sinauer
My many thanks to those who have shown interest and
support.  And to my Drosophilist collaborators, I am indeed
indebted.  Thank you,

Regards,

Mary Tyler
Professor of Zoology