[Fwd: Re: Drosophila film correction]

Mary S. Tyler mtyler at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
Thu Sep 5 08:45:19 EST 1996

Dear Dr. Tyler,
This seems a very instructive clip, judging from the contents.
However,
after searching through the Sinauer WWW pages, I could not find
it
listed.  Is it only available in NTSC or also in PAL, i.e., the
main
European video tape format?  And what's the damage?

Best regards!

Erich Frei

Dear Erich and others who have asked me the same concerning the
Drosophila film;  First my apologies, Sinauer has been a bit slow
in getting the film listed on their web site (not their fault --
life is busy), but I've been told it will be there in the next
day or so -- still, the contents can be viewed on the Society for
Dev. Bio.'s page
( http://sdb.bio.purdue.edu/SDBEduca/Tyler_FlyVideo.html).  And
concerning the second question, in my early correspondence with
Sinauer, I told them of the importance of providing the film in a
variety of formats.  These requests such as Erich's adds to my
ammunition -- the more copies they can press in a particular
format, the lower the final cost.  Thank you, Erich, for your
interest.  And the final damage I am told is about $100, at least
in the VHS format.

My best,
Mary Tyler
Department of Zoology