No subject

Omelyanchuk L.V. ome at cgi.nsk.su
Mon Sep 9 19:19:21 EST 1996

  Dear Prof. M Ashburner
Here is the information I like to be placed in bionet of flybase.
I dot think that it give essential goal to my group, I only like
to have some experiance of bionet use and like to understand how
wide is the range of participants.
       Scientific activity of the lab.
   Russian part of Drosophila community currently is publishing
in Genetika i.e."Soviet Genetics" that is renamed now as "Russian Journal
of Genetics". The papers are not very accessible to the wide
range of drosophila researchers. Here is the publications of my
group with short comments:
	1.Combination of chromosome breaks during formation
of complex rearrangements in drosophila. Genetika v27, N6,
p 1029-1037, 1990. - The evidence for classic theory for
chromosome rearrangements in drosophila sperm.
	2.
 a. Incomplete  translocation induced in mature sperm of
Drosophila. Genetika v27, N3, p 411-417,1991.
 b. Ratio of the frequencies of complete and incomplete
translocations induced in mature sperm in Drosophila.
Genetika v27, N3,p 418-424, 1991.
 c. Number of chromosome breaks and probability of their
 reunion after irradiation of mature Drosophila melanogaster
sperm. Genetika v27, N7,p 1088-1094, 1993.
	This group of papers show that comparison of half-
and full translocation induced in sperm give separate
determination of number of chromosome breaks and the probability
of theirs reunion. It was shown that mei 41 increase the number
of chromosome breaks but not the probability of reunion.
	3.
 a. An exchange mechanism of chromosome loss. Genetika v27, N9,
p 45-48, 1992.
 b. Mechanism of chromosome loss during irradiation of mature
drosophila sperm. Genetika v29, N9, p 1468-1475, 1993.
	Those papers show that chromosome loss is simply centromere
deletion with both breaks in heterochromatin.
	4.
 a. Selective screen to recover pairs of deletion-tandem
duplications. Heredity 70, 72-74,1993.
 b. Radiation-induced mitotic exchanges in male pronucleus
of drosophila.Genetika v27, N8, p 1328-1331.
 c. The nature of irradiation-induced exchanges between
homogolous chromosomes in hyperploid male pronuclrus of Drosophila
melanogaster. Genetika v30, N7, p 934-937.
 d. Increased frequency of mitotic crossing-over in heterochromatin
during first cleavage division in Drosophila melanogaster. Rus J.
Genet. v31, N6, p 688-691, 1995.
	This group of papers describe mitotic crossingover between
nondisjoint chromosomes of male pronucleus. Most exchanges are in
heterochromatin as for conventional somatic crossingover. Positive
interference of exchanges in chromosome arm was shown.
	5. The role of heterochromatin in meiotic pairing of male
chromosomes in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetika v30, N6, p 791-795,
1994. - Evidence for 2 chromosome sites of pairing other than McKee
site.
	6. Gene leopard nuclei (len p103) participating in the control
of disjunction and coiling of chromosomes in drosophila. Rus J. Genet.
v31, N12, 1400-1404, 1995. - P-element induced mitotic mutant.
	7. Genetic phenomena during early cleavage divisions in
Drosophila melanogaster. Rus J. Genet. v32, N6, p 634-642, 1996.
 - Revew article.
 Almost all papers avalible in English:
  L.Omelyanchuk  ome at cgi.nsk.sn
  630090 Novosibirsk