Neuro Position

Robin Brueckner rbrueckner at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Sep 16 11:38:44 EST 1996

Two Faculty Positions
Molecular Neurobiology

The Division of Biological Sciences at the University of Missouri-Columbia
invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at the
Assistant or Associate Professor level.  Preference will be given to
candidates using molecular approaches and having research interests which
complement those of current faculty in the Division of Biological Sciences,
including neural plasticity, developmental neurobiology, ion channel
function, and sensory transduction.  MU has strong interdisciplinary
programs in molecular biology and genetics, and the regulation of growth
and development is a major research area in the Division.  A highly
competitive salary, excellent start-up package, modern research
laboratories and an active graduate program provide an extremely supportive
environment.  Assistant Professor candidates should have postdoctoral
experience, and demonstrated potential for independent research.  Associate
Professor candidates must have an established nationally recognized
research program.  All candiates will be expected to participate in
graduate and undergraduate teaching.  We are firmly committed to fostering
ethnic and racial diversity on our faculty and strongly encourage
applications from minorities and women.  For more information about the
Division of Biological Sciences, consult http://www.missouri.edu/~bioscwww.
For information about our Molecular Biology Program, consult
http://www.missouri.edu/~molecwww.  Send curriculum vitae, reprints of
publications, statement of research and teaching interests, and letters
from three references to:

                Dr. John David
                105 Tucker Hall
                University of Missouri-Columbia
                Columbia, MO 65211

Applications should be received by November 15, 1996 to receive full
consideration.

Robin Brueckner
Administrative Assistant
105 Tucker Hall