Transformations with Drosophila

Tritech Research Tritech_Research at lamg.com
Mon Sep 16 05:39:48 EST 1996

I need to buy a microscope, micromanipulator, etc., to inject Drosophila
eggs with P element plasmids. Can anyone pleae give me advice on what
system is best (cheapest).  Is vibration a problem?  Thank you for your
help. Ron Woodruff
Dear Ron,

I believe we have the best, and by far the least expensive
microinjection sytem.  The vast majority of worm labs use
it, and fly labs, too, including Ruth Seward's and Rick Padget's.
The basic model (electronic, foot-pedal controlled) is only $425.
We also sell a micromanipulator for under $1000, and a great,
high-power dissecting scope.

If you would like me to mail you our catalog, just send me
your mailing address via e-mail, or by calling 800-733-3874.