Apology for multiple FlyBase mailings

FlyBase Project Members flybase at MORGAN.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Sep 17 12:53:21 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,

     Yesterday we attempted to email a call for submission of data on
GAL4 and UAS transposons to all FlyBase users for whom we have email
addresses.  As a result of a mishap on a computer in Japan that
received the message, the same email message was repeatedly sent from
that Japanese server to our entire email list (but looking like it came
from FlyBase).  We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this
may have caused many of you.  Because of time zone differences, we have
not yet communicated with the network manager of the computer in Japan
to track down the cause and make sure it does not happen again.  For
obvious reasons we have decided not to send yet another message to the
full list to convey this apology.

     If you did not receive a copy of the GAL4/UAS announcement but would
like to be on the list to receive such announcements in the future
(hopefully, only one emailing per announcement), please send email to
flybase-updates at morgan.harvard.edu to request that your address be
added to our list.  It is possible we already have your address in the
list even if you did not get the message, due to another problem with
this mailing, but your email will confirm for us that we have the
correct updated address.  Thank you for your help.

Bill Gelbart
(for FlyBase)