Use of biolistic gun to xform D.m.?

Dr. Fyodor Urnov Fyodor_Urnov at brown.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:42:17 EST 1997

Folks, can someone point me to a reference (or does someone have any
experience) where Drosophila embryos were transformed by "shooting" DNA
into them using the biolistic gun (such as the one BioRad markets under the
"Helios" brand name) and tungsten (or other metal) pellets?  Note that
there have been a couple of papers where people observed transient
expression off constructs that were zapped into embryos, but I'm looking
for actual germline transformation, with G0, G1, the whole lot.  Many
thanks in advance for any information.  Please reply to this acct. or post
to the newsgroup.

Regards,

Dr. Fyodor Urnov
Brown University