You are all Godless people!

Curious bgates at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 12 17:09:35 EST 1997

> Andrew Hoelperl wrote:
>
> all of you who sent me that hate mail is GODLESS PEOPLE and are going to
> burn in HELL!  you are all going to scream and cry out to the LORD to
> save you but he will not.  it is too late to save your soul!!! you are
> going to a place forever painful to face eternal damnation, for i have
> decided to report your evil deeds to GOD HIMSELF!!! have fun in the LAND
> OF FIRE!
>
> Andy

I think that indignation, particularly of the righteous variety, is a state
of mind that some people actually enjoy and go out of their way to
experience.  I would even go so far as to suggest that it is addictive, and
that it's users are under some sort of compulsion to find opportunities for
it's expression.  Why else would people come in here and throw fits, when
it's perfectly obvious what they are going to find?