Technician Position Available

Dr. Bruce Wightman wightman at HAL.MUHLBERG.EDU
Sun Apr 20 13:26:19 EST 1997

RESEARCH TECHNICIAN

Molecular geneticist with a BachelorPs degree and at least one year of
experience sought by small undergraduate-based research laboratory.
Experience in recombinant DNA research is required.  Experience with a
model genetic system such as C. elegans or Drosophila, laboratory
management, and teaching is desired.  A minimum 2-year commitment is
expected.  Salary $22-27K plus benefits.  Send letter of interest and
c.v. by June 1, 1996 to Human Resources, Muhlenberg College, 2400 Chew
St., Allentown, PA, 18104. EOE.

Our laboratory studies genes that function in the development of the
nervous system of the nematode C. elegans.  We are focused on several
genes that guide axon growth cones to their targets.  The laboratory
consists of P.I. and three to five undergraduate students.  Duties for
this position include laboratory management, performing recombinant DNA
and other standard procedures in molecular biology, gene mapping, DNA
transformation, strain maintenance, and assisting in the instruction of
undergraduate students.

Bruce C. Wightman		wightman at hal.muhlberg.edu
Assistant Professor		610-821-3254
Biology Department		fax: 610-821-3234