Bar-eye mutation

Jill grumpy at pixi.com
Wed Apr 23 03:27:13 EST 1997

I am a college student at Leeward Community College in Pearl City,
Hawaii. One of our lab projects is to determine if a gene is recessive
or dominant. We are mating bar-eyed Drosophila melanogaster with the
wild type. The results of our experiment shows that the mutant allele
bar-eyed is an incomplete dominant one.  I would like to know if there
has been any research into this topic.  The sites that I have found so
far have been a little too technical for me.  If you have the answer to
this question, I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.  Thank
you for your time.
					Jill
					grumpy at pixi.com