plasmid rescue from both sides of PZ

Brian Ring bring at FREENET.TLH.FL.US
Mon Aug 25 15:43:06 EST 1997

	You could try inverse PCR, although this method is not very
useful for just a few plasmid rescues.  This would require cutting
genomic DNA with Sau3a or some other frequent endonuclease, ligating the
mix into small circles, and PCR amplifing short sequences flanking the 3'
end of your rosy PZ.  Just make primers at the PIR and corresponding
closest site of your chosen restriction site above (i.e. Sau3A) for the
amplification of the ligated rescue.
	Perhaps an easier way to rescue the other side of the PZ would be
to partial the DNA with Xba in conjunction with Spe or Nhe1.
Unfortunately this is a very large PZ rescue encompassing KanR ori and
rosy.  I have only done this a few times while trying to rescue 5' side.
	Good luck!

Brian Ring @ the bio zoo
Dept.of Biology
Bio Unit 1