Fluorescent reporters

Mitch Dushay Dushay.1 at ND.EDU
Wed Dec 10 14:53:53 EST 1997

Dear fellow drosophilists - I'd like to generate a fluorescent reporter
construct that I can use in combination with another GFP reporter.  Clontech
now advertises EGFP and EBFP that fluorescence blue and red, but these
genes are optimized for human codon usage.  Does anyone have any experience
with these or others - will these work well in flies?  Alternatively, do
any of you have something like this with fly codon usage optimization?
I'd be happy to collaborate, give credit - what have you.
Thanks for any and all help
Mitch Dushay   "Insert insipid quotation here"