Fly feeding

ASZTALOS, Zoltan asztalos at fly.erato.jst-c.go.jp
Wed Feb 5 03:08:15 EST 1997

Dear Fly Feeders,

Once I red about a fruit fly feeding method employing vacuum. My memory is
that the experimenter put the flies into a chamber and applied mild vacuum
on it. Then he/she sprayed the feeding solution into the chamber somehow
and the flies took it up through the tracheal system. I am now interested
in using this technic but do not find any reference. I would appreciate to
receive any information and comment on this method -- hand-made or to
purchase?; good for larvae and pupae, too?; caveats and limitations?

Thanks.

Zoltan