Tenure-track position at CUNY/Brooklyn

Dan Eshel DEshel at BROOKLYN.CUNY.EDU
Tue Feb 11 12:10:55 EST 1997

We are searching for a Drosophila neuro-developmental biologist
as a tenure-tracked Assistant Professor.  Any question should be
addressed to Dan Eshel (deshel at brooklyn.cuny.edu).
Here is a copy of the ad that appeared in Science (Jan 24):

Brooklyn College/CUNY invites applications from neuroscientists/
developmental biologists for tenure-track position at the
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR level in the Department of Biology beginning
September 1997. We seek applicants who will develop a research
program that generates external funding and trains undergraduate
and graduate research students. We are especially interested in
applications from individuals whose research uses Drosophila
as a model system. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree,
postdoctoral training, publications, and a strong commitment to
undergraduate education. A complete application consists of:
curriculum vitae, statement of research plans, and three letters
of recommendation (to be sent directly from three referees).
Submit application by March 10, 1997 (deadline may be extended)
to: Dr. R. H. Gavin, Department of Biology, Brooklyn College,
2900 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210-2889.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer,
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.