Polytene trapping

Balaji Iyengar iyengabg at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Wed Feb 19 17:55:04 EST 1997

Hello!
						I was wondering if anyone has attempted to identify targets
for a transcription factor in polytene chromosomes by ectopically
expressing the transcription factor (Gal4 driven) of interest in the
salivary glands. One could then identify the bound target by using an
antibody or say an anitibody against a myc tag. I don't know much
about polytene chromosomes so please tell me if this would work for a
transcription factor that is not in reality expressed in salivary
glands. Any pointers or suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

Bala