incubators for Dros cultures

Tritech Research Tritech_Research at lamg.com
Thu Feb 27 22:04:25 EST 1997

I need to buy an incubator for my Drosophila cultures.  I have been told
that the most dependable is the Forma 3940 - and I know people who have
had this incubator for many years with no problems.  However, Percival
makes an incubator (the I-36NL) that seems equivalent on paper and costs
half as much.  Another friend has had a Percival for 2 years and really
likes it.

I'm looking for input from people with old Percival incubators.  How long
do they last?  Do they hold up as well as the Forma incubators?

Noreen
---------
Dear Noreen,
We make some incubators that might help, too.  But, they are
small ones that fit on the bench, or under the bench (40 quart
capacity).  They can both heat and cool to get the temperature you
desire, and are used by most of the C. elegans labs for storage
and t-shift experiments.  If you are interested in these, or any of
our other products (scopes, microinjectors, media dispensers,
really cheap petri dishes and fly bottles, and The Cloning Gun
hand-held electroporation system, among others) I would be
happy to send you our catalog.  Just send me your mailing address.

Best regards,
Andy Papp
TRITECH_RESEARCH at LAMG.COM