embryo sectioning

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Wed Jan 8 16:33:16 EST 1997

I received an e-mail request from Srikanth Rajagopalan about embryo
sectioning and tried to reply, but my message bounced about in cyberia
for a week and was returned, so I'm posting it here:

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 14:12:05 +0530 (IST)
To: Kathleen Gajewski <sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU>
Subject: Re: embryo sectioning

Dear Kathleen,
I've been trying to section fly ovaries with variable success. I was
wondering if you could share any useful information you may have received
about Araldite sectioning.

Sincerely,
Srikanth
   SRIKANTH RAJAGOPALAN
   National Centre for Biological Sciences
   T.I.F.R. Centre
   P.O. Box 1234                        Phone  :  (Off)3344062,(Res)5474816
   I.I.Sc. Campus                       Fax    :  080-3343851
   Bangalore - 560043                   e-mail :  snoopy at ncbs.tifrbng.res.in
   INDIA

To: snoopy at ncbs.tifrbng.res.in (Srikanth Rajagopalan)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:07:33 -0600 (CST)

Sorry to say, I didn't get any response to my query.  There is a paper
with M. Leptin as one of the authors that has some gorgeous embryo
sections.  I believe it's in Development, but I can't locate my copy
right now.  That's where I would start looking for info.  We decided not
to do sections, so I haven't followed up on any of this.

                        Good luck,  Kathleen