anti beta gal and anti hrp

Emma Rushton rushton at
Mon Jan 20 15:23:54 EST 1997

Dear all, I seem to remember promising a summary of the recommendations
people sent me for anti beta-galactosidase and anti HRP.

I didn't post before, because I have been having trouble with anti HRP

However, here are the results:
anti b gal

Cappel : good marks from 4
Promega : good marks I            bad marks 2
Sigma :                           bad marks I

Cappel emerges as the winner for consistency, high titre (dilutions of
1/10,000  using DAB) but preabsorption recommended.  I bought it, and it is
working well.
anti HRP

Cappel good marks  0 (said to have been the best at one time)  bad marks I
Jackson good marks I

I did end up buying the Cappel anti HRP (force of habit).  They sell it
with and without fluorescein label, and I wanted the label.  I have been
having problems, but hope I've now solved them.  It works very well with a
biotinylated secondary and fluorescent avidin.

Thanks to all who wrote, Emma