Signal Peptide sequences

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Wed Jan 29 21:04:45 EST 1997

IUBio Archive offers two search services that may be of interest
to you and others.  With SRS you can search key words and
subsets of genbank, e.g. find all D.melanogaster sequences
with signal peptide as a keyword.  WIth the SRS-Fasta similarity
search, you can use a query sequence to match databank
sequences of a selected subset (e.g., just D.mel sequences).
See for SRS and SRS-Fasta

- Don

In article <32EF3511.29F9 at>, Chihara  <chihara at> wrote:
>I am trying to compare a signal peptide sequence with others from
>Drosophila but am not succeeding with my search queries. I don't
>relish looking up each protein indivually.  Does anyone know of a
>paper that has already done some of this, or of  another method for
>pulling out the signal peptide sequences of only D.m.  from Genbank or
>Flybase?  All help appreciated.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at