Discounted book

Jeffrey R. Powell Jeffrey.Powell at YALE.EDU
Mon Mar 10 14:19:05 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues:
I wish to call to your attention a book I just completed titled
"Progress and Progress in Evolutionary Biology: The Drosophila Model."
It is everything you always wanted to know about Drosophila evolution,
but done in a general manner to be of interest to all Drosophilists.  It
is the first such book since Patterson and Sone's 1952 classic.  It is
due out in June of 1997.  The reason I call it to your attention now is
that if you order before June, you get a 20% discount.  The book is over
500 pages and thus will be obscenely expensive, $70.  So if you order
now, you get it for the not quite so obscene price of $56 (and also cut
into my royalties!).  The information for ordering is:

Order Department
Oxford University Press
2001 Evans Road
Cary, NC 27513