God

Adam Noel Harris adhar at leland.Stanford.EDU
Sun Mar 23 10:20:01 EST 1997

Mitch Dushay (Dushay.1 at ND.EDU) said this stuff:
: Fellow netters - I appreciate how many of you are interested in God
: and religion, and how gratifying it must be to share your opinions with
[...]
: Please send other messages elsewhere and help keep dros at net.bio.net
: worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I don't think your message will reach any of the offenders
in this case.  The "God" thread is a crosspost to several USENET groups,
including bionet.drosophila.  Posts to bionet.drosophila are automatically
sent to the mailing list (and vice versa).  The participants of the thread
are probably (well, one hopes) encountering it on one of the other
newsgroups, so they will not receive your warning.

About the only thing which can be done is for bionet.drosophila readers to
killfile the thread, and mailing list readers can contact the owner of the
list to see if the thread can be filtered out.

Judging by the inflammatory nature of the thread and the newsgroups it is
crossposted to, I don't think it will go away on its own for some time.

-Adam
Stanford University