food pump suggestions

Tritech Research Tritech_Research at lamg.com
Thu Mar 27 08:49:41 EST 1997

    Paul Kaytes                           pkaytes at worldnet.att.net wrote:

A looooong time ago, when I was running the fly kitchen at Brandeis,
we used a pressure cooker.  It was tapped at the top to accept the
house air (not vacuum), and tapped at the bottom to accept a hose with
a pinch clamp.  A little skill with the pinch clamp, and a cooker full
could be dispensed rather rapidly, bottles or vials.  Be careful,
though, that the dispensing hose is on tightly with a hose clamp.  If
it comes off, it's very messy and dangerous (hot fly food everywhere).

Take care,
Paul

-------------------------------------
If several labs were really interested, we could make a batch
of these.  As an improvement, we could use a foot-pedal-operated
electonic hose pinching clamp, and even a timing circuit, for
repeatable volumes.  It would be sort of a combination of our
microINJECTOR system, and our PourBoy II sterile media
dispenser, but for "macro-injecting" fly food into bottles.
I would estimate they would cost between $550 and $850,
depending on the quantity we could produce and the exact size
of the pressure cooker we would need to base it on.  Anyone interested
or with comments, please send me e-mail.

Sincerely,
Andrew Papp
tritech_research at LAMG.COM