vote NO against NEO NAZI`S

Robert Murphy rmurphy at elmail.cc.purdue.edu
Mon Mar 31 21:57:44 EST 1997

ezra wrote:

> <mskramer at pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> Subject: NEO NAZI INTERNET GROUP
>
> Hi all,
>
> I received the following email which is self explanatory:
>
> Jane
>
>  PLEASE HELP!!
>
> We have understood that a few Neo-Nazi groups are trying to create
> (again) a usenet group where they want to keep in contact with each
> other regarding their activities. I believe it is not necessary to
> dwell
> further on these activities.
>
> The group is rec.music.white-power
>
> To create such a group, they have to win a referendum that is
> always organised when a new usenet group is created.
> All persons with an email address, and only those, can vote in this
> referendum.
>
> It is IMPORTANT to vote only once, otherwise the vote is cancelled.
>
> To prevent the creation of this group, you have to:
>
> 1. Send this message to people you know
>
> 2. Send an email to the following address:
>
>        music-vote at sub-rosa.com
>
>    with as contents (not 'subject') ONLY the following line:
>
>        I vote NO on rec.music.white-power
>
> Since the vote is automatic, it is IMPORTANT to send the exact line
> as it is given above, without adding anything, not even a name.

Hello people, this is a free country the last time I checked.

Although I do not believe in white supremism or consider myself biased against any
particular race, color or gender I do feel this women is trying to influence people
to take these peoples rights away.  The rights she is trying to convince people of
taking away are those that most people here on the internet hold dear and true, the
first amendment right of free speach, which includes the right to peacefully assemble
(which is what newsgroups do let people do).  I know these people may be hate machines,
anti-semitic or a group a lot of people don't like, but for those of you who are
Americans and are considering following her advice, think long and hard about what I've
just written before you decide to do what you do.

Rob Murphy
http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~squibbey