vote NO against NEO NAZI`S

Michael Voight mvoight at tgv.com
Mon Mar 31 21:22:02 EST 1997

ezra wrote:

> <mskramer at pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> Subject: NEO NAZI INTERNET GROUP
>
> Hi all,
>
> I received the following email which is self explanatory:
>
> Jane
>
>  PLEASE HELP!!
>
> We have understood that a few Neo-Nazi groups are trying to create
> (again) a usenet group where they want to keep in contact with each
> other regarding their activities. I believe it is not necessary to
> dwell
> further on these activities.
>
> The group is rec.music.white-power
>
> To create such a group, they have to win a referendum that is
> always organised when a new usenet group is created.
> All persons with an email address, and only those, can vote in this
> referendum.
>
> It is IMPORTANT to vote only once, otherwise the vote is cancelled.
>
> To prevent the creation of this group, you have to:
>
> 1. Send this message to people you know
>
> 2. Send an email to the following address:
>
>        music-vote at sub-rosa.com
>
>    with as contents (not 'subject') ONLY the following line:
>
>        I vote NO on rec.music.white-power
>
> Since the vote is automatic, it is IMPORTANT to send the exact line
> as it is given above, without adding anything, not even a name.

I am not pro-NEONAZI, in fact, I am far from it. However, if you don't
let them have a newsgroup to post in, where do you think they will post?
Do you think they will just go away or do you think they will post in
inappropriate newsgroups. You don't have to support a newsgroup to
appreciate the fact that it keeps them from, for the post part, from
posting to your newsgroups.

Michael
Santa Cruz, CA USA