Attack of the Fruit Flies

Marc Champagne M.Champagne at cellbio.duke.edu
Wed Nov 5 12:36:23 EST 1997

In article <345C9EB6.14D4 at erols.com>, crg at erols.com wrote:

> Help!  Our house is under attack by Drosophila.  Every year at this time
> we make wine in the garage.  Every year we have a Drosophila invasion
> for a few weeks, mainly in the kitchen, but then it stops.  This year,
> they've taken over and things are only getting worse.  Anyone have some
> suggestions, short of nuking the place, how we can get rid of them?  I'd
> promise a bottle of home-made wine for any solution but it's against
> federal BATF regulation to give it away.  So, a bottle of commerical
> wine perhaps?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Dave Zuchero
> crg at erols.com

-----
Make some traps:  in a container, pour some wine (they love it) and block the
opening with an index card rolled to make a funnel.  Make the small end small
enough to keep them inside (1 to 2/16th of an inch).  Tape well, and every now
and then tap the bottle so that you drown those little evil ones.

Pls remove -nospam- from my address if you reply by e-mail

Mon pays ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver (Vigneault).