Eppendorf injection needles

Gary Karpen karpen at salk.edu
Sat Nov 22 18:24:41 EST 1997

contact Thom Kaufman --he gave us lots of advice on this subject, including
the critical piece of dta that epp changed the needles such that they no
longer work well with flies.  in our hands, the needles (short tip) bend
too much for injection through the chorion.

In article <64r2hp$3qa$1 at agate.berkeley.edu>, megna at socrates.berkeley.edu
(Lisa Megna) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been hearing good things about the Eppendorf microinjection needles
> and would like to order them. Their catalog lists 2 types of Femtotips -
> regular and narrow.  Based on the description, I think that for Dros
> I should order narrow.  Does anyone know the right ones to order?  We are
> planning to still dechorionate.  Any words of wisdom about whether or not
> this is necesary?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa Megna
> Cline Lab
> UC Berkeley
>

> --

> I have a new email adddress:  megna at socrates.berkeley.edu

>                         lisa, "mistress of the flies"
>
> Lisa Megna                    Lisa says on a night like this,
> megna at socrates.berkeley.edu      "It might be nice if you gave me a kiss"
> (510) 597-0683                Lisa says, "Honey for just one little
smile, I'll
>  lab  643-5633                  sing and play for you for the longest
while..."

>                                    'Lisa Says' - The Velvet Underground

Gary H. Karpen
Associate Professor