I need Help!

A. Piccin AP12 at no-spam.le.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 12:18:05 EST 1997

plink at skyinet.net wrote:

> Greetings! I am a senior biology student in the University of Santo
> Tomas in the Philippines. I am currently doing a thesis on the Effects
> of  neem leaves extract (Azadirachta indica) on Drosophila sp. I am
> having trouble finding materials and sources regarding the said topic. I
> would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me. Please e-mail me at
> plink at skyinet.net . Thank you very much!
>
> Janice Fernandez
> Manila, Philippines

Hi Janice,

	I am not sure whether this can help you, but I saw a paper about the
effects of azadirachtin (which I guess is found in the neem leaves
extract) on circadian rhythms of the housefly Musca domestica.
It does not mention Drosophila, but I would think the same effects would
also occur in fruitfly, and anyway you may found other references in the
paper.

The paper is: Smietanko and Engelmann, 1987. Splitting of circadian
rhythms of Musca domestica flies with azadirachtin. J. of
Interdisciplinary Cycle Research 20 : pp 71-79.

Good luck

Alberto