static static

Mary J Stewart mastewar at BADLANDS.NODAK.EDU
Thu Oct 9 07:55:56 EST 1997

Try humidifying the CO2 by bubbling it through water before it gets to
your porus plastic pad.  Basically, get a erlenmeyer flask with a rubber
stopper with two holes bored into it.  Through the holes, insert two
lengths of a rigid tube (a 5 ml disposable plastic pipette works well if
you just cut it to the right length).  One on the lengths of tube
should be long enough to almost reach the bottom of the flask---Put the
tubing that comes from your CO2 source onto this tubing.  It will bring
the CO2 into the water and humidify it.  The other rigid tube should be
shorter, ie, not reach into the water.  This tube should be connected to
the tubing that leads into the CO2 plastic pad.  In this way, the
incoming CO2 will be bubbled through the water via the longer rigid tube,
then the humidified CO2 will leave the flask via the shorter rigid tube
and will be routed to your CO2 pad.  This should help the static problem.