normal distribution of age

Adam Noel Harris adhar at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 24 10:29:30 EST 1997

cyber_ewok (zceen43 at ucl.ac.uk) wrote:
: I`m not sure if this is the right group to be putting this in, but here
: is the question...
:
: Can a population that is normally distributed for age be stable.
:
: This is for a bet by the way, I`m trying to prove that it can...
:
: Any reply welcome...

If the population size is relatively fixed, how can it be?  The group
moving out of the left tail can only get smaller.  I'm trying to
think if it could work with a growing population, but the solution, if it
exists, would be very convoluted.

So what are your ideas?

-Adam