Microinjectors for transformation

Graham Thomas gxt5 at PSU.EDU
Fri Sep 5 14:10:00 EST 1997

We are thinking of buying a microinjector for doing embryo transformations.
A number of people we know use 'gas' driven models (e.g. Eppendorf's), but
there also seem to be peizoelectric 'syringe' type injectors (e.g.
Drummonds nanoject) that can cope with suitable volumes and would not
require the fuss and bother of gas tanks etc. Does anyone out there have
any experience using the LATTER type of model?

Cheers!
Graham Thomas

FliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFlies

     We have a new graduate program in Cell and Developmental
     Biology. Please PASS ON THIS URL to any aspiring graduate students:
     http://www.bmb.psu.edu/thomas/cdb/cdbhome.htm

     Graham Thomas,
     Departments of Biology and Biochemisty/Molecular Biology,
     The Pennsylvania State University,
     208 Mueller Laboratory,
     University Park, PA, 16802

     Email     GXT5 at PSU.EDU
     Telephone (814)-863-0716
     Fax       (814)-865-9131
     WWW       http://www.bmb.psu.edu/thomas

 Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin Spectrin