comparative mapping in drosophila

Hampton Carson hampton at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 2 15:59:59 EST 1998

There has been a lot of work on this over the years.  A good review of
this will be found in "Drosophila Inversiuon Polymorphism" 1992. Edited by
C. B. Krimbas and J. R. Powell.  See  also the new book by Powell
"Progress and Prospects in Evolutionary Biology: The Drosophila Model"
1997 Oxford University Press. We have an active project here at Univ.
Hawaii comparing the positions of melanogaster genes on the distantly
related Hawaiian Drosophilas.

With best regards,

Hamp Carson., University of Hawaii