Rachel Drysdale (Genetics) rd120 at
Fri Apr 3 06:29:06 EST 1998

Hi Kerstin,

>Does anyone know whether a UAS:flippase construct has allready been
>cloned and whether the flies carrying this construct  exist ? I could
>not find anything like this in the Flybase.

If you search for FLP1 in the genes section of FlyBase you will find a gene
entry for FLIP recombinase.  The last entry in the table of alleles is a
UAS construct.

Hope this is useful,

Dr. Rachel Drysdale.

FlyBase (Cambridge),
Department of Genetics,
University of Cambridge,
Downing Street,                       email: rd120 at
Cambridge,  CB2 3EH,                  Ph : 01223-333963
UK.                                   FAX: 01223-333992