pseudoobscura lab populations

rundle at zoology.ubc.ca rundle at zoology.ubc.ca
Wed Apr 15 13:06:25 EST 1998

Hi,
  It is my hope to establish a population of D. pseudoobscura that is well
adapted to the lab and exhibits high levels of genetic variation.  The plan
is to pool a number of different lab populations collected from diverse
geographic locations.  However, I do not want populations fixed for known
mutations (i.e., what I am after are lab populations that are basically
lab-adapted wild stocks).  I have been warned by a number of researchers that
Species Center populations have more than likely been contaminated with
numerous mutations.  If anyone knows of, or could spare a sample of, a
mutant-free, lab-adapted pseudoobscura population, I would greatly appreciate
it!  Of course, I would happily pay all shipping charges.

Please reply to rundle at zoology.ubc.ca

Thanks!
Howard Rundle

Howard Rundle