Wind blisters on CyO.

Narmada Khare Narmada.Khare at medkem.lu.se
Tue Apr 28 10:00:44 EST 1998

Dear members of the Drosophila community,
I use the Cyo balancer for my experiments and have noticed that a fair
population shows deffects in the wings eg. blisters, crumpled wings etc.

As I need to look at the wing-deffects created by my mutation, it
becomes difficult to screen for the phenotype. Has anybody noticed such
a deffect in CyO flies? Is there any conditions under which the deffect
is reduced? Is there any other balancer which does not carry the Cy
marker and balances the second chromosome well?
Hope to recieve a solution soon.
thanks,
Narmada Khare
--