eggs and chlorine

lybis at rocketmail.com lybis at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:48:05 EST 1998

Help!

I'm an undergrad at the Evergreen State College, in WA; none of the faculty
here at present have much experience with Drosophila.

I am trying to find a protocol for removing the chorion so that the first
instar development can be filmed under the scope.

It has been suggested that a dilute chlorine solution would dissolve the
chorion; then we could put the egg in an isotonic solution that would keep it
alive during filming.

Any ideas, or suggestions?  Replies by post or email welcome.

Thank you for any help.

Lonecia