orange fungus?

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4christopher.jones at
Sat Aug 1 23:33:11 EST 1998

In article <35C1396F.AAA3CD42 at>, lphelan1
<lphelan1 at> wrote:

> Some of our vials have an orange sheen or orange splotches.  It seems to
> be passed along with the flies.  Can any one tell me what it is and how
> to get rid of it? thank you, laura

Not enough information to be sure, but bacterial contamination seems
likely. Try adding antibiotics to the food; check any MolBio resource like
CPMB or Sambrook for details on how to do this.

To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!