Australian Drosophilists: Import permits

David Merritt dmerritt at ento.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 5 20:28:56 EST 1998

To the Australian Drosophila Community,
My permit to import Drosophila requires renewal and I note that the form
has changed, requiring more details. We are required to specify details of
whether the "product" has been genetically manipulated or whether it
contains any genetically manipulated material. If anyone has successfully
completed the forms could you tell me what detail is necessary to cover
mutants and flies carrying transposable elements, etc?
Any do's and don't's for filling out these forms to import (1)  Drosophila
and (2) antibodies would be appreciated.
Cheers

Dave Merritt
Department of Entomology
University of Queensland