postdoctoral opening

Albert Courey courey at CHEM.UCLA.EDU
Wed Dec 2 15:46:14 EST 1998

--============_-1299491153==_ma============

A postdoctoral position is available in my laboratory in the Department of
Chemistry and Biochemistry at UCLA.

My laboratory combines biochemical, molecular, and genetic approaches to
study mechanisms of transcriptional activation and repression in
development. Some recent publications from my lab are:

Shirokawa, J. M., and A. J. Courey. 1997. A direct contact between the
Dorsal rel homology Domain and Twist may mediate transcriptional synergy.
Molecular and Cellular Biology 17: 3345-3355.

Dubnicoff, T., S. A. Valentine, G. Chen, T. Shi, J. A. Lengyel, Z. Paroush,
and A. J. Courey. 1997. Conversion of Dorsal from an activator to a
repressor by the global corepressor Groucho. Genes Dev 11: 2952-7.

Valentine, S. A., G. Chen, T. Shandala, J. Fernandez, S. Mische, R. Saint,
and A. J. Courey. 1998. Dorsal-mediated repression requires the formation
of a multiprotein repression complex at the ventral silencer. Molecular and
Cellular Biology 18: 6571-6583.

Chen, G., P. H. Nguyen, and A. J. Courey. 1998. A role for Groucho
tetramerization in transcriptional repression. Molecular and Cellular
Biology 18: 7259-7268.

If you are interested in this position please FAX, email, or mail me a CV,
a statement of past research accomplishments, and the names of three
referees. Contact information can be found below.
Albert J. Courey
UCLA
405 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1569
Phone: (310) 825-2530
FAX: (310) 206-4038
courey at chem.ucla.edu
--============_-1299491153==_ma============

A postdoctoral position is available in my laboratory in the Department
of Chemistry and Biochemistry at UCLA.

My laboratory combines biochemical, molecular, and genetic approaches
to study mechanisms of transcriptional activation and repression in
development. Some recent publications from my lab are:

1997. A direct contact between the Dorsal rel homology Domain and Twist
may mediate transcriptional synergy. <italic>Molecular and Cellular

Dubnicoff, T., S. A. Valentine, G. Chen, T. Shi, J. A. Lengyel, Z.
Paroush, and A. J. Courey. 1997. Conversion of Dorsal from an activator
to a repressor by the global corepressor Groucho. <italic>Genes Dev

Valentine, S. A., G. Chen, T. Shandala, J. Fernandez, S. Mische, R.
Saint, and A. J. Courey. 1998. Dorsal-mediated repression requires the
formation of a multiprotein repression complex at the ventral silencer.
6571-6583.

Chen, G., P. H. Nguyen, and A. J. Courey. 1998. A role for Groucho
tetramerization in transcriptional repression. <italic>Molecular and

</fontfamily>If you are interested in this position please FAX, email,

courey at chem.ucla.edu