left-right asymmetry

Mitch Dushay Dushay.1 at ND.EDU
Wed Feb 11 17:44:20 EST 1998

There's another paper in this month's Developmental Biology on a mouse mutant
affecting left-right asymmetry in heart and internal organ placement.  It
led me to wonder about addressing the problem in flies, but the only character
I could think of was the chirality of photoreceptor cells in ommatidia, above
and below the equator, and presumably in left and right eyes.  Can anyone
tell me about a potentially scorable left-right asymmetry in flies?  Today
that might include biased expression of a GFP or lac-Z reporter.
thanks,
Mitch