Homework send answer today please

Adam Noel Harris adhar at stanford.edu.XX
Thu Feb 12 14:39:29 EST 1998

John <bleakst at oxford.nwnet.co.uk> wrote:
:Are you saying, 'did we do any work on it' if yes  the question is then no,
:which
:is why im here.
:
:I'll still do it though, even if it is wrong and the teacher don't care.

I think you're replying to me.  Have you studied Mendel yet?  The
rules that apply for Mendel's pea plants will also apply for Drosophila (at
least for your question; there are various important exceptions to
Mendel's laws).

I'm having a hard time understanding your circumstances.  Why have you
been assigned homework when you have not yet been instructed how to solve
it?  When you say "it is wrong," are you referring to the ethics of having
others solve your homework problems?  If that is what the teacher doesn't
care about, then I suppose it isn't unethical.

The flybase web site contains vast amounts of technical data used by
researchers in the field, but it is unlikely to be helpful to you.  You
might want to look for the Virtual Fly Lab (try yahoo) instead.  Still,
your best bet would be to find any textbook that discusses genetics and
Mendel's Laws.  The ratios you are looking for should be worked out there
in detail.

-Adam
--
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Stanford University.
PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19  F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E