GFP Containing balancer chromosomes/Sex Lethal Early Promoter

Luke Alphey Luke.Alphey at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 08:45:37 EST 1998

Hello,
Firstly I wish to obtain 2nd and 3rd chromosome balancers containing the
Green Flourescent Protien marker. My details are as below and I wouls
greatley appreciate a stock or the location of stocks which contain this
marker,
thank you.
Secondly I wish to ectopically express protiens in a sex specific manner
in the Drosophila embryo and to this end want to obtain the sex lethal
early promoter, if someone could please supply me with this I would be
very grateful. Also if anyone can think of any other early genes which
are expressed in a sex specific manner I would be very pleased to hear
about them.
Thanks again
Dean
--
Dean Thomas is at:
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
E-mail: dean.thomas at zoo.ox.ac.uk