Duplication or Ectopic mesothoracic bristle

Honey Einstein nomadian at plaza1.snu.ac.kr
Wed Feb 25 11:21:41 EST 1998

Hello,

In the study with several P mutants, I found that those shows
duplication of mesothoracic bristle or ectopic bristle in the dorsal
part of mesothorax.

Duplications occured in the anterior postalar bristle
or the anterior and posterior scutellar bristle.
Ectopic bristles were in the anterior part of the anterior dorsocentral
bristle
or between the anterior and the posterior dorsocentral bristle.

Firstly, I with to know whether those abnormality can be really the
phenotype for the disruption of one gene, probably a P insertion in my
case.
In wild, can be there those abnormality occasionally?

Secondary, I wish to obtain the information about the mutants in the
number of adult mesothoracic bristle.
Futhermore, I would greatly appreciate if you inform me what the
disruption of mechanism makes those abnormality occur.

thank you in advance.

Wonseok