The HOX HD mutation.

MacMac macer.bbs at bbs.cis.nctu.edu.tw
Fri Feb 27 02:17:12 EST 1998

Hi drosophilists:

Currently, I have some enhancer trapped lines which is activated by
HOX proteins, such as Ubx, Antp, and Scr. Ectopic express the Hox
genes above can induce the reporter gene expression. Now I would like
to show the activation is via the homeodomain of HOX proteins. Thus I
am looking for the Hox gene HD point mutation (HD*) which interupt the
DNA binding ability. If my hypothesis is true then I will see no
activation happened in the ectopicexpress HD* Hox genes.

Does anyone know which lab have the Hox genes with point mutation in
HD constructed in the pUAST vector, well, or in any other vector is
also fine, we can do transgenic flies anyway. If you have such kind of
information please tell me, thanks.

Best wishes.

Macer