In Search of a Research Assistant

Leslie C. Griffith griffith at VOLEN.BRANDEIS.EDU
Fri Jul 3 09:42:16 EST 1998

	Job Description: Laboratory Technician

A full-time position is available for a research technician in the Biology
Department at Brandeis University. Brandeis is located in Waltham
Massachusetts, just outside Boston. Brandeis is an EOE. The Brandeis
Biology Department has a strong (4 labs) fly neurobiology group with shared
facilities and will provide a stimulating environment for a senior
Drosophilist. My lab studies the role of calcium/calmodulin-dependent
protein kinase II in behavioral and synaptic plasticity using a
multidisciplinary approach (assessment of adult behaviors, protein
chemistry, molecular biology, genetics and electrophysiology).

Duties of this position may include: maintenance of Drosophila  stocks,
behavioral assays (courtship conditioning), data analysis, production of
transgenic stocks (microinjection and genetics), genetic screens and
chromosomal mapping. I am looking for someone who has experience with
Drosophila  and who can function independently.

Leslie C. Griffith, MD PhD
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology
Bassine MS008