ovary in-situ

siau min fung siauminf at uic.edu
Fri Jul 3 10:29:52 EST 1998

hi!!! Fly people,

I am interested in doing mRNA in-situ hybridization on flies' ovary. I
have a few protocals in hand but the one I have is for imaginal disc. I
looked up in a few papers and get some modification of the main protocol.
But I couldn't find anything on some little detail such as the followings:

Do you gently shake the ovaries  like embryos' in situ for each washes??
or do you do the whole in-situ on a disseting plate???
Do you tease the ovary apart before fixing or after fixing?? Can you
still tease them apart after you fix them?? If you don't tease them apart,
do you have probe penetration problem??

any little tips and information is appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Siau-Min Fung
siauminf at uic.edu