Chi Squared Alternatives

Mark D. Garfinkel mg16 at
Sun Jun 14 10:37:35 EST 1998

In article <3582AC1E.370AB128 at>, Chris Perry  <chris at> wrote:
>I have recently been running some experiments with
>drosophilia with the apterus phenotype. I have been getting
>some rather unusual results. I have been using chi square
>tests to determine the chances of my results being
>coincidental or being of something more like human error or
>variables in the environmental conditions. [...]
	You'd probably be better off repeating the experiments and
	obtaining more data. Statistical methods only go so far with
	small sample sets.

Mark D. Garfinkel (e-mail: mg16 at Ask for PGP public key)
(c) 1998; all rights reserved. Permission granted for Usenet quotation.
Fed up with unsolicited commercial e-mail? Join CAUCE at