CO2 pads, etc..

CloneBoy CloneBoy at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 17 13:27:58 EST 1998

Lauren Yaich,lyaich at biology.lsa.umich.edu,Internet writes:
I will be setting up my own small laboratory soon and will need Fly
pushing equipment for teaching/research purposes. Does anyone have any
suggestions for commercially available CO2 pads, CO2 regulators, etc..
that work well and are reasonably priced? Any information would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you.
                   Lauren
--------------------
Tritech Research makes a great system for that.  It comes with a
regulator and a little foot pedal that controls an electronic valve, so
you can give the flies a pulse of CO2 when they start waking up
without the risk of over anaesthetizing them.  You can do it hands-free
and the CO2 tank ends up lasting a lot longer.  It's about $400 for
a single station and less per station if you get it for more than one scope.

e-mail: tritech_research at LAMG.COM
web: http://members.aol.com/TriResInc (not sure if the CO2 system is in the
website)
tel: (800) 7-333-TRI