Help on Finding Salivary Chromosome Lab

Brian Ring bring at FREENET.TLH.FL.US
Mon Nov 16 13:41:48 EST 1998

	Try Ashburner Laboratory Guide to Drosophila.  Also, another good
excercise for a Fly Genetics Course would be the "hopping" of P{LacZ: w+}
p-elements. The students learn contemporary fly genetics with the added
benefit of understanding Mendelian genetics concerning independent
assortment, etc. Careful with the polytene chromosome squashes, it takes
the students quite a while to master them.
	Good luck,

Brian C. Ring
Dept.of Biology
Bio Unit 1