Orange eye?

Adam Noel Harris adhar at stanford.edu.XX
Tue Nov 24 14:13:53 EST 1998

Frank Ocasio <ocasiofr at SHU.EDU> wrote:
:Hi.  I was wondering if you would be able to tell me how orange eye
:color in drosophila melanogaster is inherited.  It seems to be sex
:linked recessive but I'm not sure.  I would appreciate any information
:that you can give.  Thank you.

Sounds like you're looking at the segregation of a P element containing
the mini-white gene.  It could be on any chromosome.  What do your data
say?

-Adam
--
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Stanford University.
PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19  F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E